Stumbled upon Quickbooks Error Code H202? Do not worry; here’s the fix. The error is usually encountered when you attempt to switch to multi-user mode. This can occur because the settings are misconfigured or the firewall is blocking the communication. In this post, we have explained why you encounter Quickbooks error H202 and how you can resolve it.
Possible Causes of Quickbooks Error Code H202
- The Quickbooks application is not able to access the server or host IP address.
- In case the Nd file is damaged or corrupted
- You have not configured the DNS settings properly
- Host settings are not configured correctly.
- The firewall is blocking the communication between the server and the Quickbooks application.
- The Quickbooks database server manager is facing issues.
Ways to Fix Error H202 in Quickbooks
Method 1: Verifying Connectivity of Network
- To start with, open the Run window on the system.
- In the Run window, either type command prompt or Cmd. Then, hit the enter key.
- You will now have to ping the server from the system.
- For this, type ping <name of your sever> and then hit the enter key.
- You will then have to pursue the same process for each system on which you are facing the issue.
- If the response is slow or any data packets are lost, there is a network problem that you need to fix.
Method 2: Running File Doctor Tool
- The first thing you will have to do is download the file doctor on the system.
- You will then have to click on the drop-down menu and choose the company file you wish to scan. You can also click on the browse option and redirect the tool to the folder where the company file is present.
- Also, mark the option for check file damage only.
- When done, you will have to choose the continue option.
- After this, type the admin password if asked.
- The scanning process will then start. Wait for it to complete.
- On completion, terminate the tool window and then check if you still face the Quickbooks error code H202 or not.
Method 3: Check Quickbooks Related Services
- To start with, start Quickbooks on the server system.
- You will then have to choose the File menu and then click on Utilities.
- From the menu, choose the multi-user access option.
- Now, you will have to verify the status of the QBCFMonitorService and QuickbooksDBXX service. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Run window on the screen and then enter services.msc in the field. Hit the ok button.
- When done, you will have to select the Quickbooks DBXX service.
- Click on it and choose the startup type as automatic.
- Now, you need to verify the service status. Ensure that it is running.
- Next, you will have to choose the recovery tab.
- Under this, start the service for first, second, and subsequent failures.
- After this, choose to apply option and then click on the Ok option.
- Now, you will have to pursue the same process for QBCFMonitorService.
Method 4: Adding Server to Host File
- First, you will have to close the Quickbooks application on the system.
- You will then have to open the driver’s folder on your server system.
- Next, you will have to double-click on the host file and open it using Notepad.
- When done, you will have to type the Ip address and the name of the system. Also, use the Tab key to separate the name of the system and the IP address.
- In the end, you will have to open Quickbooks and then switch to multi-user mode.
Method 5: Run Install Diagnostic Tool
- First, visit the official Intuit website and then download the Quickbooks install the diagnostic tool on the system. You will then have to click on the downloaded file and install the application on the system.
- When done, you will have to scan the folder in which you have stored the company file.
- Next, you will have to type the IP Address and network interface.
- You will then have to look for the open ports option under the firewall status section.
- After this, you will have to test the connectivity of your data file.
- In the end, attempt to open the company file and check if the Quickbooks error code H202 is resolved or not.
Method 6: Run Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- To begin with, you will have to download the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool on the system and then install it on the system by following all the on-screen instructions.
- Next, choose the folder that you wish to scan.
- After this, you will have to note down the IP address when the connection tool will launch on the system.
- You will then have to choose to configure ports and follow the tool’s instructions.
- In the end, attempt opening the Quickbooks company file.
Quickbooks error code H202 is a standard error, especially when users attempt to switch to multi-user mode. In this post, we have provided you with all the information about the Quickbooks error H202 and possible methods to eliminate the issue. Hopefully, this was helpful.